Peer review has been one of my favorite parts of English 101. It has been an effective tool for strenghtening my writing. I use it to gain understanding of my writing style and take the reveiwer feedback to better my work. By having someone feedback about my work is a valuable tool and using that feedback forces me to think critical of the assignment and identifiy the stengthens and weaknesses of the assignment.
I think I do a OK job as a reviewer. When I see a area of opportunity I do mention it. My knowledge in writing is not the best, but I do share when I think it is appropriate. I like to ask critical questions of the writer if I feel that the writing might not have address a area or maybe is missing a point that would add to the argument. My weakness is I feel I can not help a fellow writer with their writing structure, because that is my weakness as a writer.
My idea peer review process would be to break into small group of 4 and read our essays out load. It would allow my to get feedback from the group. The next step would be to break into groups of 2 and dive a little deeper into our writing to work one on one with a peer to strenghten our essays. When we work in groups now it seems like we start to get productive, then class ends....we take our peers work and work on providing feedback. When we head back to class I hand over my feedback, but do not always have a chance to share my thoughts. Because of lack of time, this effective step loses some productivity because we don't get a chance to finish.
So just more one one one time would be helpful! But only if your fellow reviewer is as focused on the assignment as you!
No comments:
Post a Comment