As the end of semester draws near, I am reflecting on my writing. In the beginning of the semester I wanted to look everything it took to write an effective paper. I believe I describe it as a "broader understanding in the ability to write." I was naive. I thought that a 16 week course was going to give me super writing abilities. Sure my knowledge has increase in how to write different styles of academic papers. But my biggest learning comes from looking at my midterm post. I go on and on ranting about sentence structure and grammar. I really felt these things were what was holding my writing back. But that is not true. I have come to learn that thesis and structured support of that thesis is where the action is. That if you have a strong thesis and can support with evidence throughout your essay, that is good writing compared to sentence structure and grammar, which can be a easy fix.
I want to learn to write more concise and improve my ability to write a strong thesis. But in general just to keep applying what I am learning. I can especially tell that my writing is more structured and thought out better because of this class.
No comments:
Post a Comment