Sunday, October 16, 2011
Narritive vs. Analysis
When reflecting back on my essays that I wrote both paper have a similar tone. In my narrative essay I wrote in first person explaining my love of magazines. In my ad analysis I used the content of the ad to explain what I thought Ikea intented the ad to mean. In both cases I used the my writing skills to show and tell the reader so they would comprehend what I was trying to communicate. this was done with an informal tone. The purpose was different for each assignment. I felt with the narrative essay I was telling a story as where with my ad analysis I had to interpret what I though the advertiser was saying and support my interpretation by pointing out the what and whys of the ad, almost like creating a persuasive argument. Also I treated the audience the same in both writing assignments. I gave a lot of information about what I was writing about because as a writer I assumed my audience had no prior knowledge about what I was writing about.I also felt that the genre was the same in both essays, and I took a comical approach to writing them both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment