So I'm generating ideas about writing from a literary narrative and here is what I have come up with so far
My love for magazines...ah yes magazines, what can I say I love them. I would not describe myself as a book person, sure I can appreciate a hardcover book, the work it took to create it, the crinkle of the jacket when you open it, the weight of paper used...blah blah blah. But my true love is the glossy monthly magazine, when it arrives in my mailbox my heart speaks a beat because of the sheer excitement to browse though cover to cover! I could go on and on about what makes for a great read in a magazine and my love affair started!
My second idea is I could write about my experience with the book A Million Little Pieces. I could tell the story of how I read this book on my honeymoon, and it was so good that I couldn't put it down! Here I am in a secluded paradise and I have my nose in a book for two straight days! I felt the story was so raw and really enjoyed the author's writing style. Several months later is when the scandal broke about the story not being true. I could speak to how I felt betrayed by the author and if it changed my reaction to the book. I watched James Frey on Oprah over the years and have come to really like him as a author and think he is a very interesting person. One thing I find most interesting is he has started a "think tank" for authors and puts out several titles a year. As a author he has received alot of criticism for this, but just like the Oprah bruh ha ha, he just go and does it his way which I think is interesting. The only downside would be that I feel I would have to reread the book again, which would be a major time investment and I'm not sure if I'm up for that!
My final idea about a literary narrative is I could write about how I introduce books into my children's life. What was the process like? Where did my husband and I start. How did my children react? What kind of literature did we use? Did they like it? What rituals have we created in their life's that center around books?
How has having books in their life at a early age affected them? This would be fairly easy to write about, but I'm not sure if I want to write it? I have to think about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment